Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Medical Request

I received some surprise news today from our adoption agency that I wasn't expecting quite yet!  For any of you that have paid even the slightest attention to this 28 month journey (not that I'm actually counting...I mean, who would do that??), you know that surprise news before it is expected almost never happens....So, when Val from Imagine called me today to let me know that A.Z's immigration medical had been requested, this was really good news.  To spare you all the details, this basically means that another part of the visa process is underway.  Each child coming to Canada must have a medical done by Canadian Immigration before being considered for a visa.  So, I'm told our son's medical has been requested and will be done in the next few days, if not done already.  This information, as well as the court decision/documents after we pass court (October 21st) will then be sent to the Canadian High Commission in Nairobi where we'll wait to have the visa processed to FINALLY BRING HIM HOME!!  So, the medical is just another piece of the complex puzzle of this adoption.  But hey, every piece is worth celebrating!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Shana! Jeff showed me this blog. It's really neat. Praying for you guys!

    Julie Kraayenbrink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shan... This is great news!! So excited for you guys (and us too :)) praying for you all as you prepare to leave..
    love ya
    Beth (aka Aunt B)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to read about your journey to this point and the next one to come. I'm praying for you and trusting that your trip will be incredible and that your official meeting with your son will be a blessed time. Ann

    ReplyDelete