Thursday, October 28, 2010

Highlights, by Hannah

My first time in Africa, or even on a plane, was not only a vacation but a life changing experience. It was a chance to make new friends who have only a little, it was a time to meet my little brother in person for the first time in my life, and it was a time to see so many different things that you would not see here in Sarnia. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like to have only a couple of clothing items to wear, or to live in an old dirt hut
With most likely no wind or cold protection. The richest of all the kids I met there had a couple of pairs of clothes that got cleaned probably every other day with the running water they were fortunate to have. And that was Solana, the cute bossy girl about age eight. The poorest was probably Genet who is about 5 years old and wore the same shirt at least the days I was there the whole time. She played with my hair in all probably about an hour. Here she is.


A lot of them when I said my name they thought I said Hena so they called me Hena for the rest of the trip.
Here is one of the pictures I took and liked.  This boy's name is Calou.



Here is one more I took of my new brother! 

5 comments:

  1. Hannah, you got some excellent photos! I know this is an experience you will never forget! Thank you for sharing some of it with us!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures you took are so cute! Missed you!
    Aynsley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, you have awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hannah you hav the cutest little brother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they aliens?????I liked u r speech and you ROCK!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete